BLOG / NEWS
Innoworks has sent you a copy of the OSHA Job Safety and Health: It’s the Law poster to help you stay current with OSHA regulations. It’s the law to inform workers of their rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. All covered employers are required to display the poster in their workplace.
Employers do not need to replace previous versions of the poster. Employers must display the poster in a conspicuous place where workers can see it.
If you are in a state with an OSHA-approved state plan, there may be a state version of the OSHA poster. Federal government agencies must use the Federal Agency Poster.
You can also get copies of the poster, in many other languages, HERE.
As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have.
Below we outline basic workers’ rights and employer expectations, as outlined on the OSHA Job Safety & Health: It’s the Law poster.
All workers have the right to:
- A safe workplace.
- Raise a safety or health concern with your employer or OSHA, or report a work-related injury or illness, without being retaliated against.
- Receive information and training on job hazards, including all hazardous substances in your workplace.
- Request a confidential OSHA inspection of your workplace if you believe there are unsafe or unhealthy conditions. You have the right to have a representative contact OSHA on your behalf.
- Participate (or have your representative participate) in an OSHA inspection and speak in private to the inspector.
- File a complaint with OSHA within 30 days (by phone, online or by mail) if you have been retaliated against for using your rights.
- See any OSHA citations issued to your employer.
- Request copies of your medical records, tests that measure hazards in the workplace, and the workplace injury and illness log.
- Provide employees a workplace free from recognized hazards. It is illegal to retaliate against an employee for using any of their rights under the law, including raising a health and safety concern with you or with OSHA, or reporting a work-related injury or illness.
- Comply with all applicable OSHA standards.
- Notify OSHA within 8 hours of a workplace fatality or within 24 hours of any work-related inpatient hospitalization, amputation, or loss of an eye.
- Provide required training to all workers in a language and vocabulary they can understand.
- Prominently display this poster in the workplace.
- Post OSHA citations at or near the place of the alleged violations.
On-Site Consultation services are available to small and medium-sized employers, without citation or penalty, through OSHA-supported consultation programs in every state. 1-800-321-OSHA (6742)
Disclaimer: Not Tax, Legal, Financial or Accounting Advice
Innoworks and its affiliates (collectively, “Innoworks”) do not provide tax, legal, financial or accounting advice. Any material made available to you by Innoworks, via any portal, including www.innovemp.com or via email or other correspondence from and with Innoworks and its representatives, has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to substitute, and should not be relied on for tax, legal, financial or accounting advice. You should consult an independent tax advisor, lawyer, financial advisor, and/or certified public accountant before engaging in any transaction. Neither Innoworks nor any of its corporate affiliates are fiduciaries with respect to any person or plan by reason of providing the material or content herein.
While Innoworks makes every effort to provide accurate and timely information, Innoworks does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the materials provided, either expressly or impliedly, and expressly disclaims any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Decisions based on information contained on this website are the sole responsibility of the user, and in exchange for using this website, you agree to hold Innoworks and its affiliates harmless against any claims for damages arising from any decision you make based on such information. Innoworks reserves the right to withdraw or prohibit access to the website, and to revise the software, materials, information and the services and products described in this website, at any time without notifying users.